Message from CES: Keep on Exploring!
Thank you Mrs. Rivera for putting this together!
Battle of the Books
This last week our Battle of the Books team, led by their sponsor Mrs. Rivera, competed virtually with teams from around the district. I am happy to report that our Explorer team placed second!! Whoo Hoo! That is quite an accomplishment and they have worked hard all year longs reading books and preparing to compete. They showed great tenacity to stick with it throughout this time of distance learning. Good job team!
Message to CES families: Wrapping up the Year
Dear CES Families,
As we are approaching the end of the most unusual school of all time, there a few things you need to know. Distance learning will end next Thursday, May 14th. This will allow students some time to turn in any late assignments and teachers some time to grade. The last official day of school is May 22nd.
During the last week, specifically May 19-21, our staff will be at the school handing out students’ personal belongings and collecting Chromebooks and library books. Your child’s or children’s teachers will make sure you have the schedule and the information you need but there is a schedule posted below too just keep in mind that may change and your teacher is the more reliable source.
Please note the following important information:
- ALL Chromebooks must be turned in during this week. Please understand that you will be billed the full cost of your Chromebook if you do not return it to school during that week.
- You may keep the HP Streams that were handed out earlier this year–we do not intend to collect those, they are yours.
- Please bring back the school’s library books on this date and give to your classroom teacher.
- Personal belongings that were left at school prior to Spring Break have been bagged up by your child’s teacher and will be distributed to you on the day your community is scheduled to return Chromebooks. Our Lost and Found Items will be available during that time too.
- We hope to have class pictures to give you on that day as well, but they are still en route at this time.
- We were not able to get yearbooks orders as the pandemic was ramping up just as we were supposed to do that and the company was shutting down and unable to print.
- Please remember we must maintain physical distancing protocols including 6 feet apart from one another and the wearing of masks.
- Please try to limit the number of family members who join you, but we would really love to see all of our students to say goodbye and give them a little treat!
- At this time, we really don’t know what to expect for the start of next school year. I will continue to update our families and community through this blog. As soon as I know, I will share that information. If you haven’t already, you may want to subscribe to my blog using the button below in the lower right hand corner.
We miss you all sooooo much!! In my 31 years in education, I have never seen anything even close to what we are experiencing right now. We appreciate all you have done to continue your child’s education while at home and perservering through this difficult time. Hopefully, we will all be together again in August–fingers crossed!!
A Message from Molly Merry (Exploratory School Founder):
Schedule for last week pick up/drop off:
Your child’s teacher will have more details, please look for their communication to you in the coming days.
Tuesday, May 19–11:00-1:00: Wanderers—–>drive through in loop in front of building Rangers——->drive through in parking lot in front of the building
Tuesday, May 19–4:00-6:00: Trailblazers—–>drive through bus loop on North End
Wednesday, May 20–11:00-1:00: Voyagers-—–>drive through parking lot in front
Thursday, May 21–11:00-1:00: Scouts—–>drive through bus loop on North End
Thursday, May 21–4:00-6:00: Adventurers——>back area outside of classroom doors.